HOLIDAYS - SPRING CLEANING AND LONG WALKS IN THE SUNSHINE

We have just had one of the longest, wettest and coldest winters on record. The drought finally ended a few years back and Mother Nature is making up for it now with lots of rain. Here in Australia the weather goes to extremes and if you pack to go somewhere you have to pack for all seasons because you just don't know what she has in store for you so it's not uncommon to have to pack woollies eg: jumpers/pullovers and hats and also swimming gear.

Number one priority in spring is spring cleaning so I made a start with Bella's wardrobe. I pulled everything out of it and I think I now realise what the problem is - SHE'S GOT TOO MUCH STUFF! So the next time she asks for more clothes I will be saying "nah-ah." Now that it's organised she can see what she has and we have found things we forgot about. This is how it looked at first:




and now that it's finished:




















And we found this beautiful cotton and lace dress that I bought her from a vintage second hand shop that she wore when she played Snow White in her end of year concert at homeschool group. It too was in the bottom of the wardrobe.
























But then we decided that that was enough dusting and cleaning for one day and we went out for one of our walks down into the township. Spring in the valley is just lovely and we couldn't resist taking some pictures of houses and gardens we have always admired:

Lavendar blue, dilly dilly, lavendar green, when I am king, dilly dilly, you will be queen.










Invariably, for over 20 years, the destination for our family walks is the lolly shop but we had a bit of a shock when we saw that it's closed for renovation:


I just love the art job on this gift shop.

.  .  . and then we went to our favourite cafe for hot chocolate. Jarrah (who I have known since she was a baby) always looks after us and she loves our dog:


The interior of the Wattleseed is so quaint and old fashioned and the food and service is always good. Once my husband asked what I wanted for my birthday - just say it, he said, anything at all - I chose Surf 'n Turf (steak with seafood sauce), Wattleseed style.

And then we pop into the Artist's Lounge to see if any of my books have sold - well, actually we like chat to the owners and look at (and are very tempted to buy) all of the pretty things. This shop stocks all of the art from our local artists; clearly there is a lot of talent around our area:






And then we pop into our favourite nursery and give the resident dog, Eddie, a little pat.


Little pots of colour.
They have a lovely gift section.




We got home from our 6 km (return) walk to a lovely surprise; my daughter-in-law bought me these beautiful Freesias to say thank you for helping to look after Zac.

Comments