ARTISTIC COMMUNITY AT WARBURTON





Last night we went to a night market at Warburton in the Handmade shop. This is where the other authors  from my writer's group and I stock our books - I didn't make a sale but .  .  . being surrounded by other artists, people just like me - all kinds of artists from jewellers to dressmakers, from painters to sculptors and everything else in between - it dawned on me, very slowly at first but with increasing intensity, that being an author is not about selling books but about getting my message out into the world to people that need it the most and also finally finding an artistic community to belong to. And now I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I will always be an artist and even in the dark days when my imagination just isn't sparking, I will persevere until I get to the other side. I will dig deep until I access that part of me again and bring it out into the light for all of the world to see .  .  . 


Bella took this video (above) of a dancing puppet on-a-string. We have no idea what it was made out of but the man who created it was having a wonderful time with his invention and entertained all of the children all evening long.






Comments